Only a PlayStation 4 version has been announced so far.
Gamers who want to catch up on Kingdom Hearts’ complex storyline ahead of 2019’s Kingdom Hearts 3 will get the chance to do so later this month.
Square Enix and Disney today announced Kingdom Hearts – The Story So Far, a nine-game compilation coming to PlayStation 4 on Oct. 30 for $39.99 USD.
Kingdom Hearts – The Story So Far is available for preorder on Amazon right now and features HD graphics, other updates, and changes from the original releases of a number of its included games.
Also packed into the bundle is a feature-length film, and more. The full package includes:
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
- Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
- Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (movie)
Curiously, Square Enix did not announce an Xbox version of Kingdom Hearts – The Story So Far, despite the fact that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming to Xbox One. It’s an especially odd move given that Kingdom Hearts 3 is the very first game in the series to land on an Xbox console, meaning most Xbox One owners are even more likely in need of a series refresher than PlayStation 4 owners are.
Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Jan. 29, 2019, but readers can take a look at every world revealed so far. Last month, its English voice cast was revealed along with its opening theme song.
Nick Santangelo is a freelance writer based in Philadelphia. He loves video games and sports, but not sports video games. Follow him on Twitter.