When you see a green icon on the bottom right of your screen, have the second player shake their Joy-Con or Poke Ball Plus to join. You can see what this icon looks like on the bottom right of the screenshot below:
There are a few things you should know about co-op in Pokemon Let’s Go:
- The second player will always be the opposite gender of your character. So if you chose to be a boy, the second player will have the girl avatar.
- The second player cannot interact with Pokemon or NPCs, and they cannot pick up items. They will walk through Pokemon.
- The second player can have a Pokemon follow behind them, and it will always be the Pokemon set to be second in the main player’s part.
- This second Pokemon is also the Pokemon the second player will use in battle as well.
- When playing in two-player mode, you and your friend will fight NPCs two-on-one.
- When catching Pokemon, if both players throw their Poke Ball at the same time, you will get a catch bonus and a special animation will play, signifying its success.
- No save data from the second player is transferable to a new game. This is drop-in co-op and anyone can pick it up at any time.
- The second player can not participate in Master Trainer battles.
To remove the second player, have them shake their Joy-Con again to despawn the character. If you do not do this the second player character will keep spawning when the main player gets too far away.